No wonder athletes are always under a lot of pressure and stress to perform exceptionally well. To achieve this, their bodies undergo a lot of stress as well, which leads to sometimes positive and negative effects. The negative effects can be physical trauma, long wear and tear leading to injuries, and muscle pain. For muscle recovery and pain relief, CBD is grabbing attention in the sports world. There is a lot of curiosity building when it comes to whether CBD for athletes is right or not. The potential of CBD can help athletes improve their performance and bodies. However, to know more about it, keep reading.
Learn About CBD. What Is It?
CBD, which is known as cannabidiol, is known to be a naturally occurring compound. This compound is present in the cannabis plant. However, unlike THC, CBD oil India does not make anyone high or produce an altered state of consciousness. According to some research, it has the potential to offer anxiolytic, analgesic, etc. effects. This can help athletes work on their physical and even mental health stress.
What Are the Benefits of CBD for Athletes?
When it comes to CBD benefits for athletes, there are many. Here they are mentioned:
- Relieves pain: As per some studies done on hemp seed oil, it is beneficial for reducing pain. This also includes musculoskeletal pain, which comes from exercise. Athletes dealing with various pains, acute injuries, or chronic issues can manage the pain with the help of CBD. It reduces pain and offers some relief.
- A great alternative to opioids: Opioid medications have great effects on pain management in athletes. But there is a risk of addiction and even death. Whereas CBD can offer relief from acute or high-intensity pain, it can also be effective in offering long-term pain management. There is very little risk associated with using CBD when it comes to dependency and accidental death.
- It improves digestive and gut health: Inflammation, even in the small or large intestines, can offer discomfort and GI distress and can affect the performance of an athlete. CBD can help work on underlying inflammation issues and contribute to athletes’ digestive and gut health.
- It works for inflammation: A lot of athletes face inflammation issues when they go through rigorous training. This can hinder their performance and recovery. However, CBD binding to CB2 receptors is known to have anti-inflammatory properties. This can be beneficial for reducing cytokine production. Also, CBD athletic performance can be improved.
- Better sleep quality: For athletes, getting better sleep is equal to achieving training gains. The use of CBD can help athletes get restful sleep at night. This can also help the athletes feel relaxed and more focused on their training. Furthermore, this can help you feel less stressed.
- Lower athlete stress and anxiety: Athletes go through physical, mental, and emotional stress. The use of CBD can help lower stress and anxiety in athletes. It can work on various anxiety disorders and lower stress. It can help athletes perform better.
- CBD offers neuroprotective effects: Athletes face various injuries and are prone to risks. However, the use of CBD offers neuroprotective effects. It has neuroprotective properties, protecting brain and body nerves from potential damage. Also, it minimizes the severity of concussions.
- A great alternative to NSAIDs: Most athletes consume NSAIDS, but this can lead to various health issues like the risk of renal damage, heart attack, stroke, etc. Cannabidiol for athletes has relieving effects that can help reduce or eliminate the use of NSAIDs. Also, there are minimal issues faced with CBD as compared to NSAIDs.
What Are the Ways To Consume CBD?
CBD can be used by athletes in various forms. Every form has its benefits and disadvantages. Here are the ways to incorporate CBD into your regime:
- Edibles: This is the most convenient way to use CBD. This is also a delicious way to consume, but this method can take some time to show its effects as compared to other methods. For instance, under edibles, CBD gummies for athletes are famous.
- Tinctures: These are known to be CBD-infused liquid drops. This gets absorbed quickly under the athlete’s tongue. Also, it offers a direct way to the bloodstream and is highly effective.
- Topicals: Under topicals, hemp pain relief massage oil or hemp pain relief balm can be applied to the skin. This is a fast-acting way to get relief from soreness, severe muscle pain, or inflammation.
- Inhalation like vaping: This is the quickest way to consume CBD. The vapour enters the athlete’s bloodstream, offering rapid effects. But there are some health risks linked to it.
How Much CBD Can be Consumed?
There is no standard CBD dose for athletes. CBD products are known to be poorly regulated. This is the reason that inconsistencies in consuming CBD can be seen. Also, the right dose of CBD depends on the way it is consumed, like oil, tincture, vaping, etc. Also, calculating CBD in milligrams before consumption can be helpful, like CBD oil 500mg or CBD oil 1500mg. Taking a low dose initially can be an apt decision.
How Does CBD Reduce Inflammation?
The mechanism by which CBD works to reduce inflammation is being researched. However, there is information that CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system. This system plays a crucial role in managing inflammation levels in an athlete’s body. Also, it is beneficial in reducing oxidative stress and reducing damage due to exercise and injury. Plus, CBD for athletic recovery is proven, and it minimizes the risk of tissue damage.
How Can CBD be Beneficial for Sports Anxiety?
CBD for sports anxiety is beneficial for athletes. It works on symptoms like lethargy, aches, nervousness, and other sports anxiety. Also, CBD for performance anxiety is known to be a popular usage for people in sports. If you are going through pre-game anxiety or nervousness, CBD can be beneficial.
Famous Athletes Using CBD
There are many questions, like, Is CBD good for athletes? But surprisingly, real-life athletes are already using it in their regime. Famous athletes using CBD are:
- Mike Tyson: He is a heavyweight fighter who is known to have WBA, WBC, and IBF belts. Also, he promotes the use of CBD. He acknowledges that he uses CBD for training before and after fights. Also, he runs a legal marijuana farm and a business selling cannabis goods.
- Paul Pierce: Another athlete using CBD is Paul Pierce. He played in the league for around 19 years. Paul uses CBD for his mental health after a serious experience.
Is CBD Oil for Athletes legal?
Yes, CBD is legal for athletes. Even CBD products, like hemp face care products or kanabi coffee, are safe for people to use. In 2018, the WADA removed CBD from the prohibited substances list. Also, the US Anti-Doping Agency removed CBD from that list. However, THC with psychoactive properties is prohibited in athletic competitions.
There are several questions related to CBD and athletes. This compound in the cannabis plant has a lot of benefits for athletes. It can be used in various ways and in various doses. Also, it is effective for an athlete’s inflammation and anxiety. No wonder various famous athletes have also been using CBD for many years because it is legal.