CBD (cannabidiol) oil has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years. However, only in recent years, it has gained mainstream popularity due to its potential health benefits. CBD oil is derived from the hemp plant and contains no Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC ), the psychoactive component found in Marijuana.
Although its legality is debatable, it possesses health benefits, which undoubtedly are useful. The side effects can not be ignored, but what really matters is the dosage! This blog is all about knowing how actually the side effects can be kept at bay with the right dosage.
So, first, let’s explore the potential benefits of CBD oil.
Benefits of CBD oil
- Analgesic: CBD oil has been found to be effective in reducing chronic pain, including neuropathic pain, arthritis, and multiple sclerosis. Studies suggest that CBD interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which is responsible for regulating pain.CBD oil has been shown to have analgesic properties and highly benefits patients with Rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis, Lumbar spondylitis, and other joint-related issues.
- Psychiatric disorders: CBD oil interacts with serotonin receptors in the brain, which are responsible for regulating social behavior and mood. The oil is believed to reduce the symptoms related to anxiety and depression as CBD oil interacts with the endocannabinoid system.
- Neuroprotective properties: CBD oil has neuroprotective properties, i.e., it aids in protecting the brain from damage. The inflammation, oxidative stress, and trauma are well managed with regular intake of this wonderful elixir. Debilitating diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease may be well treated with the right dosage, according to the research.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: CBD oil has anti-inflammatory effects, making it a potential treatment for conditions such as acne, inflammatory bowel disease, and various autoimmune disorders like arthritis, psoriasis, and Ankylosing spondylitis. It helps in reducing the pain and swelling in the affected area.
- Potential cancer treatment: CBD oil can be potentially used to heal cancer and tumors as it has anti-tumor properties. The oil focuses to prevent the proliferation and spreading of cancer cells by blocking the formation of new blood vessels needed for tumors to grow.
Risks of CBD Oil:
- Drug interactions: CBD oil may interact with certain medications, including blood thinners, antidepressants, and anti-seizure medications. This can reduce the effectiveness of the treatment affecting the health of an individual. Always seek medical guidance before the condition becomes critical.
- Adverse effects: Several studies have reported certain side effects associated with CBD oil use, including fatigue, diarrhea, and changes in appetite and weight. Additionally, some people may experience dizziness, dry mouth, and low blood pressure. Generally, they are mild/temporary and can be severe if not used in the right dosage.
- Quality control: The CBD market is largely unregulated, and there is a risk of purchasing products that are mislabeled or contain contaminants.CBD oil can be adulterated with harmful substances such as heavy metals, pesticides, and solvents. Purchasing high-quality CBD oil is essential as it is pure, tested, and not toxic.
Side effects of CBD oil:
- Fatigue: CBD oil may cause fatigue or drowsiness, affecting a person’s ability to perform daily tasks. Usually, the high dosage is the reason behind this.
- Changes in Appetite: CBD oil may cause changes in appetite and weight, with some people reporting increased appetite and others reporting a decrease. The frequency of this negative effect increases with the continued usage of CBD oil.
- Diarrhea: CBD oil may cause diarrhea or gastrointestinal discomfort, particularly when taken in inappropriate doses. This side effect is temporary and resolves on its own, but dehydration can disturb internal physiology.
- Dry Mouth: CBD oil may cause dryness in the mouth, which can lead to dental issues and increase the risk of infections in the mouth. The production of saliva is reduced which can be really discomforting.
- Blood Pressure fluctuations: CBD oil may cause fluctuations in blood pressure, particularly in people with pre-existing hypertension and hypotension conditions.
Right Dosage for CBD oil:
The optimal dose depends upon the Prakriti (nature) and the existing condition. Moreover, various factors such as the individual’s weight, metabolism, and the severity of the condition are also considered.
It is important to consult a healthcare professional so that the medical history is analyzed to achieve the desired effects.
CBD oil can be regularly consumed, or used but only under the supervision of experts! Buy the best CBD oil to live a healthy life.